Wednesday, 29 July 2026

What I was listening to in: MAY 2026

Week 19
The "Paladin" & "Gravy Train" albums are birthday presents so they had to get played. I've got some more that didn't turn up until the end of the week so they'll be on the next list.
I'm still going through the database of my albums that don't have a "last played" date next to them. That's why a lot of the same artists tend to crop up regularly. There's such a wide variety of music on offer, I'm glad I can appreciate so many different genres!


Week 20
Ant went to a HMV Melanie C signing which is why her album is featured.
The only thing I don't like about "Tormato" is that my CD sticks during track eight. I've had at least three copies of this and they all have the same fault. Surprisingly it plays on my PC so I ripped it and burned my own disc. That one plays fine!
CD rot has rendered my Anthony Phillips album unplayable. Luckily I found a two disc version available so that's now on order - arriving today I hope!
The Kate & Anna McGarrigle albums are new to me and I've played them many times this week. So good!


Week 21
It was April 1975 when I bought the two Genesis Collection box sets. They're still in decent nick and have the posters with them! The one box even has some drawings I did at the time - and the HP card from Corfields because I had to pay for them over a few weeks!
The Frampton & Poco albums arrived this week, they were late birthday presents. The song "Rose of Cimarron" is a great track and should be heard by everyone at least once (The same can be said of anything by Ivor Cutler).


Week 22
One thing I've never been keen on with the Icicle Works is the drumming! The chap's too energetic, has to hit everything throughout a song! Rein it in laddie, leave a bit of space! Serve the song, not the ego!
The Traffic CD is one I've not played too often. I wonder if it was as tedious to record as it is to listen to!
And finally, the award for album title of the week goes to…
"A Former Tour De Force Is Forced To Tour".

No comments:

Post a Comment