Tuesday, 28 July 2026

What I was listening to in: JANUARY 2026

It's been six years since I posted anything here so, as I'm now retired, I thought I'd post what I've been listening to during the week. I usually get through fifteen albums a week while I'm on the treadmill or relaxing in the conservatory.

Week 01:
The first week of the new year concludes the playing of the Christmas CDs I had (Parsons, Cutler and 60s) with the addition of the Party,Party OST and a Chris Spedding album.
I've already got some new CDs on order (should arrive today) so they'll be first up on next weeks list.

Week 02:
I've already bought six new albums this year: Four Gentle Giants, one Chris Squire and a Squackett! And they're all excellent.
The Kevin Ayers album was not the best showcase for his talents but it does contain some classics.

Week 03:
Bit of a variety this time: Prog, pop, easy listening, country, rock!
Whatever my mood I think I'm covered.

Week 04:
It was live album week again! Some well known, some not so much but all great.

Week 05:
It's a day early this week as I bought another Gentle Giant album and couldn't wait to give that a listen.
Wreckless Eric is one of the best artists to emerge from the punk era. I've only got five albums but they're all gems. If you've not heard him "Greatest Stiffs" is a good place to start. He's bound to be on Spotify, look him up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment