Wednesday, 29 July 2026

What I was listening to in: JUNE 2026

Week 23
This week's collection contains a few of those "extras" discs that you get in box sets - you know the ones; alternate versions, demos previously unreleased live tracks etc.
As I met Jeff Goldblum at a HMV signing last week his album eventually turned up. A fine set of jazz interpretations of some old standards! Nice one Jeff.


Week 24
Maisie Peters' CD is another of Ants HMV signings so I thought I'd give it a listen.
Osibisa & Quicksilver Messenger Service are new purchases that I've had my eye on for years so I thought I'd dive in and give them a go. Well worth it!
The Glen Miller set is good - it's nice to have a complete change sometimes.
And SHOCK, HORROR, a Best of Dr Hook CD that doesn't include "Sylvia's Mother!" What sort of alternate dimension have I fallen into?


Week 25
Headstone is another new band to me. I keep finding these great 70's rock albums, many more to come!
The "Bookends" CD includes a bonus track and is still less than 35 mins long! I know it's Simon & Garfunkel but come on lads, make an effort!
"The Planets" CD is one of those typical classical albums where the loud bits are overwhelming and the quiet bits are inaudible!
Another nice variety!


Week 26
There's a theme connecting some of last weeks albums; can you spot what it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment