Monday, 31 August 2026

What I was listening to in: AUGUST 2026

Week 32
The reissue of "In A Glass House" has arrived. My Dad was given the cassette of it, back in the 70s, to pass on to me. I played it but wasn't that bothered about it at the time. Now this year I've been buying many Gentle Giant albums. I was expecting the CD to come in the same transparent sleeve as the LP (as it was advertised) but it just came with a clear window. Chiz!!


Week 33
It's a greatest hits/best of week again. CHANGESONEBOWIE is another out of the cassette box; from the Woolies bargain bin I think. The Elvis Costello CD is another that Tracey got from Woolies when it closed. It's supposed to be a two disc set but I only have disc 2. It's good though, not just all the usual hits.


Week 34
A selection of live sets again. The Silverhead album is of bootleg quality so it's not the best recording but is an important document of the bands live set.
After listening to the two Trapeze in Dallas albums it's easy to see why they never became a mega group along the lines of Deep Purple or Led Zeppelin! The songs are just not memorable.


Week 35
I really enjoyed this weeks selection. Some great tracks on the "Two Rooms" and "Nobody's Child" compilations.
I have a database of all my albums and it includes when I last played them. This list starts from 2014 when we had the conservatory built and I started playing records on a regular basis (with time off between Mar 2022 & Aug 2024 when my turntable broke). According to my list I have 99 undated albums to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment