Saturday, 3 October 2026

What I was listening to in… SEPTEMBER 2026

Week 36
The James Bond CD has some classic tracks but also contains the worst theme tune to any of his movies (and some of the recent ones have been pretty poor!): Lulu's "The Man With The Golden Gun". Terrible song! And to think they rejected Alice Cooper's submission for the theme. Look it up, it's on YouTube.
The Earth Band CD contains a couple of unexpected cover versions - "Going Underground" and "Do Anything You Wanna Do".


Week 37
I found another bunch of CDs from Tracey's Woolworth haul that have never been played before.
RAP is not my cup of tea although I might play the Wyclef Jean album again …sometime! If I'm in the mood.
The classical CD has the usual highs (too loud) and lows (inaudible). There's never a middle ground with these sort.
Those of you paying attention may notice that I played the Cheap Trick album in week 31. Well that was the free Classic Rock version and this is the official release with the extra track - a cover of Slade's song "When the lights are out". Smashing!


Week 38
I think most of the albums I've got left to play are greatest hits, best ofs and live sets and they are all mainly the same artists. Let's see what turns up next week.


Week 39
Mostly the same artists, in nearly the same order, as last week. I'm getting close to the end of my unplayed list now so I might have to buy some new albums! (That's my excuse for getting more).
I've just found another box of CDs and DVDs that came free with newspapers plus some that my old pal Mark Craig Fisher burned for me years ago. They'll appear next week!


Week 40
Seven albums from my old pal Mark Craig Fisher (The Dylan one has a few distortion problems on disc two ☹️) and two given free with newspapers!
The Roy Wood album has a hidden track at the very end (After the final listed track you have to let it keep playing for about ten minutes to get to it).


No comments:

Post a Comment